Friday, July 07, 2017

Pieced Borders Linky Party

I don't know about you but I sometimes struggle coming up with great border ideas for things that just seem to need a border.  

I get tired of the same old thing.  How about you? 

 I am thinking that I want to make my Hugs and Hisses into a pillow for my daughter's house.  
(You can only have so many wall hangings right?)  
So I started looking for some ideas for some different kinds of pieced borders.  

In case you forgot, the snake looks like this.  
I will extend the text print on each side to make it square 
but thought some kind of border would be neat.  


My first thought was a ribbon type of border. 
 I don't know why, but that's what popped into my head.  
There is a great one at the Quilter's Cache.  You can find the directions here

(Photo credit to Quilter's Cache)

But then I thought no.

So I kept on looking.

I think I found one on Ivy Arts blog that will look great if it is smaller.

I found it here.

And it looks like this.

(Photo credit to Ivy Arts)

I have enough of the browns and golds to at least give it a try.
I will measure the snake bits to determine how wide to make my strips.  
I'm thinking fairly small scale so as not to overwhelm the snake though.

Now here is where you come in.

What are some of your favorite pieced borders that you have made?
I am going to do a linky and have you link up some that you have made.
If you used a tutorial please include that if possible, maybe in the comments?
Or in the link if possible if you have it linked in your blog.

I will leave this linky open for a few months so please send friends to link up theirs too!

Let's help each other out and make this a great resource for everyone!

I'll start with this post (HAHA).
Now it's up to you guys.

Stay tuned for a similar post about pieced backs!

~XOP~


3 comments:

Judy in Michigan said...

Funny, the very first border I thought of was the ribbon border! Great minds... I will keep thinking...

Needled Mom said...

Either would be great.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Snake...yikes. I think I have too many already in my yard.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~